Friends of the EGRT Association Inc. PO Box 3 Orbost 3888
The Friends organisation is a different organisation to the Committee of Management. Please use the above mail address for payment of all Friends membership dues.
Subscribe to our newsletter service to receive regular electronic advice about the Rail Trail Subscribe Now
We encourage all interested persons to join the Friends of the East Gippsland Rail Trail. Each member will receive a quarterly newsletter. You can download the latest copy from the main page.
Use the link below to pay your Friends Subscription and Renewals with Visa or Mastercard or Debits through a secure PayPal link. You do not have to be a PayPal member to pay by credit card,
By Paying a subscription through this website you will be deemed to have signed the following agreement:
In the event of my admission as a member, I agree to be bound by the rules * of the Association for the time being in force. (* the Model Rules for an incorporated association, Associations Incorporations Act (1981) Schedule 5, Consumer Affairs, Victoria)
Alternatively, download this form and send your application through the mail, Download Here
Statement of Purpose.
- To support completion of the East Gippsland Rail Trail with full and consistent development of the Rail Trail between Bairnsdale and Orbost via Nicholson, Bruthen and Nowa Nowa.
- To support the Committee of Management of the East Gippsland Rail Trail in management of the Rail Trail through appropriate terms of reference.
- To promote the tourism, recreational, environmental and historical value of the East Gippsland Rail Trail to the community, governments and sponsors.
- To develop expertise in significant aspects of the East Gippsland Rail Trail including:
- vegetation management
- fauna and habitats
- recognition and respect for the cultural significance of traditional landowners
- conservation of artifacts
- history of the former railway
- trail guide and interpretation signs
- assistance with infrastructure management and tourism promotion, etc.
(Revised and abbreviated version from application for Incorporation : December 2003) Friends of the EGRT Association Inc. is a not for profit incorporated association. Consumer Affairs Victoria No. AOO45177E